 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4258
Re: I think I love it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:12:49 GMT

Stunning. The report wasn't completely over my head, but mostly. I liked the
explanation and background information. It makes sense that parallel
mechanisms offer higher speed and flexibility in machining, but their
downside is the funky work envelope. Orthoglide is an obvious improvement.
So, soon comes the Lego counterpart! Iain, let me know when you build it.
Also, you've go me wondering... just how much of that stuff do you
understand? I know you hate math, but there is so much of it in designing
these mechanims. Did you study things like forward and inverse kinematics,
jacobian matrices, etc in college?
Rob

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
http://www.parallemic.org/Reviews/Review011.html

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Mmm!

Claire sure loves that Chocolate.

   Iain