 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3783
Re: I finally finished my roller coaster!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 01:37:36 GMT

"Matthew J. Chiles" <mchiles@goldendale.net> wrote in message

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

Iain, have you seen this? Any plans for one of your own?  :-)

Wow, that's awesome! I haven't built a LEGO coaster for like, 5 years? • I've
done about 4 looping coasters.

Glad you liked my roller coaster. :)

So I have been checking all over for Lego roller coasters that loop and I
have not seen others yet, but I keep hearing rumors... So how did you do • it?
Do you have any pictures????

I have pictures in a box in my closet that I took with a 110 camera. Off the
top of my head...

First looping coaster went down the stairs and through a clothoidal
inversion.
Second used rails on their side for the loop, shuttle coaster - large drop
with cable-lift, through the loop, around banked turn and back up the lift
(so the train reversed each time...)
Third was a giant inverted coaster shuttle I did, cable driven, using a
box-beam type track structure

Um... I did a LOT of coaster projects when I was younger! Geting the train
to articulate properly was the most fun (roll axis on lead axle, then
trailerd cars after that).

    Iain