 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2729
2728  |  2730
Subject:
Is it wrong?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 06:24:55 GMT

Hi folks,

I have a dumb question:  Is it wrong, and by wrong, I mean, would it be
unusual or looked down on, to have the roof of a building in a Town layout
to be made of plexiglass or glass?

Iain and I were looking at the bus station at Square One in Missisauga
tonight and noticed it was all glass.  He then asked me if I thought I could
build a train station out of glass.

I've seen train stations covered in complete slopes (JeffVW's roundhouse for
one.  Wow!) and some in 48x48's curved (done by Jason Spears IIRC.  THAT is
smart), solid brick, and also glass 4x3x1 thin wall.  Would it be wrong if I
instead covered the roof in like a real sheet of plexi or lexan?

I'd like people to see inside the station.  Another possibility might be to
use the open roof concept done so well by some of the American LTCs (I
believe the tool shop done by PNLTC, was one of the first to do that)

Calum