 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2305
Re: Lego Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 05:43:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kathleen Theriault writes:
Hi,

I've been a lurker for a while and been reading the posts with interest. My
husband and I are real Lego fans, and now want to get our kids stared with
Lego trains. The big question is where do I buy it? I have seen the one set
at ToysRUs but is that about the only place in Toronto to buy it? A friend
was just in St Jacobs at the Lego Store and reported that they were out of
train stuff there and were having a hard time getting it.

Right now all I really want is a 'basic' set like the 4561 to start with
because the boys are still young (4yo and 3yo) and that's all they could
handle right now.

Another possibility is Eatons at Eaton Center in downtown Toronto, and the
Bay.  Unfortunately Eatons is even worse than Toys R Us for pricing, though
the Bay often will have 25% and similar sales (Bay Days etc)

At Christmas time, you'll find Zellers will stock the basic train set
(4563/4559 in previous years, 4561 the past two years) usually around $130.
By January, Boxing Week, any leftovers will drop to $110, and even $90.

A little bit more of a hit and miss option is to try for some of the Sears
Clearance centers to see if they have a 4561 around-they often do and for a
great discount.  However, you're never really sure of getting every piece
(ie, one that Iain got was missing a piece of curved track).

Calum