 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2206
    Re: monkey rungs —Bruce Sheridan
   (...) Nobody told me that I'm building the ladder...Is this an example of what Calum talks about?? I suggest that we drive a nail or screw, from the bottom of the 2x4, into the centre of each pipe. This will anchor the pipe and there will be no (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: monkey rungs —Calum Tsang
     (...) Exactly! Next thing you know, you're updating the rtlToronto webpages, booking Library rooms and explaining why the word "Area" is integral to the front of a t-shirt! :) Calum (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: monkey rungs —Chris Magno
     (...) :) YES! :) (...) OK. if you think that rung rotation is going to be that much of a problem for the rest then, maybe a nail or screw is best. Bruce, the other thing you have to decide is how many rungs the ladder will have (15 - 16 - 17) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: monkey rungs —Bruce Sheridan
     (...) I think the pictures on the rtlToronto site are great and I plan to build the ladder exactly as depicted (16 rungs, every 6 inches, starting 3 inches in from one end of the 2x4). I suggest the height of the legs be approx 24 inches. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: monkey rungs —Calum Tsang
     (...) You might wish to have that entire assembly with legs put onto a table or two. This would make it easier to place and start robots, to catch them if they fall, plus would give everyone around a better view. (...) Oh, it never stops :) Calum (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: monkey rungs —Jeff Elliott
     My 2c on various things in this thread: Regarding rules changes: Rob, it's fine with me if we allow non-RCX solutions. Changing the rules to allow for solutions we hadn't considered seems reasonable. One temptation you have to avoid, though, is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: monkey rungs —Rob Stehlik
   (...) Whoever builds the official ladder: I have one request. Could you be careful to make the rungs as close to 6 inches apart as possible? I'm probably not the only one who is building a monkey that depends on accurately spaced rungs. Actually, on (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: monkey rungs —Bruce Sheridan
     (...) I’ve just purchased the materials for the ladder today. I plan to have it built by Sunday. So you say your robot will have trouble if the rungs are not exactly 6 inches apart (my, isn’t that interesting…evil laugh)! Don’t worry…..I will ensure (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: monkey rungs —Chris Magno
   (...) Rob: IF you had used an RCX and a sensor then this would not be a problem. ;) Chris Visit my newly revamped walker page @ (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)