 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17352
  R22 - swinging bots

So, we dined, we ate, we had a HUGE turnout. we laughed, we cried, (well, mainly dave cried when i told him his robot sucks and he wont win the next robot games) we made mary.(1) with the overwhelming response from dinner, I think we had (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) Now, that's just rude. It may be appropriate, or even true, but I thought I'd point out the rudeness first. (...) OK, first, your obsessions (or insecurities?) are really creeping (nay, stampeding) into your post here. Second, do you mean two (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) This is fascinating. I have just completed a swinging robot as a demonstration of a new sensor type. It turned out to be a lot harder to actually make it swing than I had imagined. Plus my version can't start from a standing start. It has to (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) huh? rude? ohhhhh i see, sorry. my por spelling and all that. we made merry. oops (blush) (...) hummmm, i THOUGHT i was clear. 2 sets of ropes was to imply that each round or game will have 2 robots racing against each other. each robot will (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) after a few beverages, many people agreed that there were a few ways to solve for this game. many people pointed out the multi motion of knee bend, leg straight pull rope, actions a child uses to swing on a swing. some people envisioned (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jun-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) BEST 20 BUCKS I EVER SPENT! EVER!!!! That little snackmaster got me thru my bachelor decades... Dave K (17 years ago, 16-Jun-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

Complete suckage! I've built three variations, and they just fail around. My (wishfully) brilliant idea of asymetric CG displacement turned out to be a flop. Anyone else manage this yet? -Rob A> (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) I think im close. My Proof of concept idea seems to jerk around nicely. oddly enough, Im spending more time figuring out how to attach the bot to the rope, than building the bot. Chris come out, come out, where ever you are Dave. I know your (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

Update: This didn't work: (URL) And this: (URL) turned into this: (URL) which (obviously) also didn't work. Oh well, back to the drawing board. -Rob A> (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) I dont know what kind of scam your trying to pull, but clearly the kids boots in the background are NOT lego, as as such, are not allowed to be part of your robot. Chris my robot still jerks, back and forth, much to the pleasure of some people (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: R22 - swinging bots

(...) What would the Dorseys think? Swing was very popular at one time. John P (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)