 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17352
17351  |  17353
Subject:
R22 - swinging bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:19:22 GMT

So,

we dined, we ate, we had a HUGE turnout.

we laughed, we cried, (well, mainly dave cried when i told him his robot
sucks and he wont win the next robot games) we made mary.(1)

with the overwhelming response from dinner, I think we had quarem(sp?)
and it was agreed by the group that we should try to do Waynes game.

Bot Swinging.

So far, we are all agreed that, two sets of ropes will be well hung from
the ceiling of OAKWOOD library (cause they have the ceiling hardware to
hang rope)

Each set of ropes will be hung perpendicular to each other (width of
each set of ropes to be
determined very soon.)  The ropes will be 1' off the floor. The ropes
will be the SAME rope we used for Tug of war (3).   each set of ropes
will be X feet away from the wall. I am very sorry, but the distance to
the wall will need to be discovered by going to the library and
measuring where the nearest pipe is to the wall.

Once the 2 sets of ropes are in place, your robot will be placed on the
ropes (at a height to be discussed) and you WILL need to design your
robot to be stared with some sort of remote control of your choosing. We
do NOT want anyone to shove a robot to give it a head start.

After that, the rules are simple.

Build a robot that will be the first to SWING itself to touch the wall.
  At no time is your robot allowed to touch the floor.

We are going back to our roots, and want to limit the amount of complex
rules. We will be enforcing the "spirit of the game" here. So, the first
geek who says they will build a canon to shoot a dart and touch the wall
  will be mocked.

Without going into a HUGE list of can and can not rules, we all agreed
that we want to see a game where people design a robot that will SWING
ITSELF so that the robot will touch the wall.

clear as mud?

this is the place to ask any and all questions.

:)

Chris

1. who the heck was that Mary chick anyways?(2)

2.  MARY was just a figment of my imagination.

3. see THIS threasd for rope info
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=16143