 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17356
Re: R22 - swinging bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:14:00 GMT

John Barnes wrote:
Bot Swinging.

So far, we are all agreed that, two sets of ropes will be well hung from
the ceiling of OAKWOOD library (cause they have the ceiling hardware to
hang rope)

This is fascinating. I have just completed a swinging robot as a demonstration
of a new sensor type. It turned out to be a lot harder to actually make it swing
than I had imagined. Plus my version can't start from a standing start. It has
to have a little swinging motion already to build amplitude on.

Good luck !

JB

after a few beverages, many people agreed that there were a few ways to
solve for this game.

many people pointed out the multi motion of knee bend, leg straight pull
rope, actions a child uses to swing on a swing.  some people envisioned
designing a bot to mimic this.

this is much harder from a standing point, and not being able to touch
the floor.

I have every faith that this unruly lot will come up with a few neat ideas.

Chris