 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17054 (-20)
  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Dave, way to ignore this part. just dont tell janey. she hates it when you mock "art" (...) did you just call me a jackass? :o (...) dave. Im gona call your bluff. I dont think that happened. not with Bricklink. (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My first train7 project

(...) Thanks-- I'm enjoying building this stuff. It really makes you thinking how things are put together--how a building looks if you cut it in half. (...) Given the cost of lights, yeah. It's fun to go all Lego, but even when Lego itself realizes (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first train7 project

(...) Ya I know, I still regularly read Lugnet but my post are realy rare now. (...) I thought that you mean that white led were too bluish. Find a better shop :-). Have you tried to bring a 9V battery (with a 1KOhm resistor) to test the led in (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Well, hoarding is fine, Chris loses the opportunity of using that money for something else, or the bricks for something else. (...) It also can't be taken as a loss to the community--come on Dave, Chris paid for it fair and square. These (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Which leads to another point. I've read some messages in this thread where people has labeled sellers with various negative labels. But in marketplaces like eBay, buyers have the power - it's often bidding wars that run prices up to ridiculous (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Again, if someone gets the 400 dollars for an old set--hey, all teh power to him. However, my personal opinion--jackass. As you say--it's not a matter of 'right or wrong' or morals, because it is, indeed, a matter of opinion. My opinion is (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My first train7 project

(...) Whoa, a blast from the past! Hi Martin! We did experiment with the "blue" lights, red ones and yellows, with both yellow trans and light blue trans domes. By far the blues are MUCH more directional (or "point source" maybe a better way to (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Feast on something OTHER than X-mas turkey

(...) Well, I was ready to send an update on Friday...but SOMEONE left the DNS to expire. So I didn't bother. Then I saw your note this morning...and in response I updated the website an hour later. Do you really want me to put out a square bracket (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My first train7 project

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) light? That would do like TV,LCD, plasma. Adjusting the power for each led migth be tricky to have white ligth and not kind of reddish or greenish ligth. (...) Martin (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  {January Dinner!!!} January 12th at 7 p.m.

January 12th, 2007--7 p.m. Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario At which point in the 'verse we'll discuss ignoring Chris's posts and steal his ideas to make these kinda posts! Also at which point in time and space Calum'll probably (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Feast on something OTHER than X-mas turkey

(...) HELLO!!!!!! can I have an A M E N !!! anyone? buler? buler? (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: French America - was something about trains... Re: My first train7 project

(...) ya, unripe GREEN cantaloupe. chris (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: French America - was something about trains... Re: My first train7 project

(...) sorry, I meant Detroit Minnesota( (URL) ), not that suburb of Windsor Canada. (aka Detroit, Michigan (1) ) Chris 1. Ahh michigan. a GREAT place to send Toronto Garbage.(2) 2. (URL) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: French America - was something about trains... Re: My first train7 project

(...) I thought I was the only one who ever noticed that the SECOND those armed boarder gaurdes saw my taail pipe, that even the sky seems more hazzy, and the streetsigns more dim. meh. Chris (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) it dont matter one hoot wheater it is right, or moral or good or whatever. it is what it IS!! technicaly, that MISB supercar is just some plastic. those structured carbon molocules are just really really HARD but nicely cut diamonds. their (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) I guess in this particular instance it's worth what somebody would pay for it. Being someone who's sold a single LEGO piece for two grand, I can see both sides of this. Like you, I wouldn't pay $400 for a set I could easily build from my own (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: French America - was something about trains... Re: My first train7 project

(...) I hear the new US $10 is coloured now... Kind of a cantaloupe shade. -Rob A> (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My first train7 project

(...) When I saw the tile at the junction between the wall and the sealing, I suspected that it was upside down. (...) creative solution for a your application. (...) Too bad the white isn't white. (...) Thanks for the details, I'll save this part (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Except that AFOL's are a tiny percentage of their consumers and of those, "collectors" are merely a small percentage. Therefore if they really wanted to keep 99% of their consumers happy they would try to limit the actions of collectors - such (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: French America - was something about trains... Re: My first train7 project

(...) That was southern Ohio. In Michigan on Thanksgiving, the turkeys are frozen by the time they hit the tarmac. It's more like bowling balls being thrown from helicopters (but the still make nice potholes). (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact