 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16823
16822  |  16824
Subject:
There's a reason steam engines use a flywheel...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:36:51 GMT

So I'm goofing around with pneumatics--bouught the bits 'n pieces over the years
thinking that i was going to do something 'wonderful' with 'em.

Well, since LOR couldn't get moving properly, and I couldn't get the GBC
'vacuu-sucker' going properly, the pneumatics were relegated to the bottom shelf
of my LEGO collection.

Only to be hauled out relatively recently due to inspiration.

I went over to CSSOH's page and had a gander at the 2, 3, 4, etc cylinder
motors.  I built the two without the flywheel and it's very jumpy.

See, adding the flywheel evens things out--makes 'em smoother...

oh, and in my internet travels for pneumatic things, I stumbled across thsi
page--

http://anthony.liekens.net/static/Lego/SteamEngine.html

Oh My Goodness--pure 'old style' technic and you have somethign beautiful!!!   Think I'll build one for the hobby show...

Anyway, distractions aside, I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a very
tiny yet 'has lots of momentum' flywheel into the gizmo I'm trying to develop.

Sure I could add metal washers and stuff, but that's not 'LEGO' pure...

Anyway, having fun with it and hopefully i'll have somethign for the hobby
show...

Dave K