 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16221
Re: K, haven't had this much LEGO fun in a while...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:43:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:

I'm trying to automate my layout to basically be a 'GBC'...

   I'm looking forward to seeing that someday - the video looks wonderful, and
it's one of the directions I'd like to move towards with the GBC.

As soon as I get the hoppers back up and running, I'll get a new vid.  I also
plan on somehow getting an entry and exit point such that this big layout can
connect to external GBCs (maybe)

Mark also came up with an NQC to DCC communications protocol.

   OK, where/when was that and how did I miss it?!? How does it work (will it
work under OSX), and is there a general download? I may end up modding some
motors...

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/beta.html

there's the 'beta' versions of DCC that Mark put out a while back.  In the .zip
is an NQC program that sets up all the IR communicaiton protocol to send
messages from the NQC RCX to the DCC enabled RCX.

Dunno if it'll work with OSX.

I wanted to share the excitement!

I do to - but I can't get into your "space" currently.

Right after my post I can't get into it, either--i'll give hte server a kick
when I get home :)

Thanks for looking

Dave K