 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15750
Re: Question for builders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:25:24 GMT

How are people's experience with those rubber tracks that come with Mindstorms
kits?

Can they handle alot of weight and still turn?

I've seen them used in early 'obt competitons, but haven't seen much of them
lately.

I made a quicl little track platform that I may expand on, if the tracks can
handle the weight--

http://sandysparky.net/blog/00000419.php

How's everyone else doing?

Dave K

I don't particularly like the treads, because they don't run as smoothly, so I
don't use them much.

I tried my robot with the synchro drive and its not working out for me either,
so i think I'm gonna try out the adder/subtractor drive system as I haven't used
it before. If not that then ill probably gonna go for the standard AB drive.

Vitali