 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15415
  software for this NXT - have a look

(URL) for the long URL. this is a shot for "media purposes" What can any one make from the screen shot of the software? The last time I looked at OEM lego software was about.... 7 YEARS ago. Is this more "blocks" stuff? Chris Steve, John, et all, (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) I think it might be a LabView derivative, Screenshots of Labview I have seen look similar in many regards.Some people consider LabView to use a similar object metaphor to the original Mindstorms software according to some of the results I (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Chris, Did you read the Wired story? They've sent us free stuff. They MAY send us more. I don't want to screw that up. Steve (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Yes - it's aimed at increasing the number of kids programming with NXT. An article I read somewhere estimated only about 30% of RCXes are used by kids. The aricles on NXT say it's based on (URL) Labview>, which is also what the (URL) Robolab> (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Yeah, but it looks (based on that single screenshot) like it's way better than the RCX software. Notice the taskbar -- LabVIEW and LEGO Mindstorms show the same icon. I got a chuckle over the *other* software that kid is running on his laptop. (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) story? there is a story? :) (...) OK, so your saying you can be bought? fair 'nuff. psst. I can get my hands on a VERY VALUABLE 1x1 used black tile(1)....... I can make the arrangements to make it YOURS (all yours) for a good 10 min chat. (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Only if the lawyers also have firefighting credentials! JB (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) ?? My kids use MS Powerpoint (or the StarOffice equivalent) all the time! The school district we *both* send our kids to requires it for some classes. But I weaned them off MS mail products by giving them Google Gmail accounts, and photoshop (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Gotta love OpenOffice. Except when it won't work right. (...) It was the whole package: Powerpoint + Outlook + Photoshop - browser - IM - games - LDD. No big thing, just mildly amusing (to me, anyway). Steve (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)