 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15245
  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) I feel the light should be on at all times, but like Calum I feel it should be open for discussion. First of follow up Calum's points. (...) Robots don't need to be stopped to transfer a brick, personally I'm working on the principle that I'll (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) To clarify, before Calum flips out, written evidence is always taken over what someone supposedly said. Just look at someone we knows phone bill or the fact my arguments at dinner were ignored when composing the rule about whether the light (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Right, but not everyone can build a robot that can transfer bricks while moving. The goal of the ruleset, especially in this contest, is to define an environment in which the most basic interaction, transferring a block while the receiver is (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) In my book, it doesn't become legal until it hits the webpage, because that is what everyone checks on as the reference. -To ask someone to keep track of the NG (the fastest moving group on Lugnet) is unreasonable for basic rules. -It took me (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Never answer an email when you're pissed off. Hey Calum, hows it going? (...) I'm not saying you have to, I'm just saying if you can it improves your chances of transferring blocks to more robots. (...) Ok, but what I'm saying is your rule to make (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Doing just fine, in fact. I'm actually getting MORE interested in this contest day by day. (...) I don't see this, but I'm going to move on to the crux of the issue below. (...) I hear where you're coming from, but I am not convinced it (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Talking Point: seelking light sensors WAS -- Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Derek Raycraft wrote: HUGE snippage (...) Derek, I have some bad news for you. I did a quick test with the robots I moc-ed up. I removed the 1x2 technic beam "shroud" I put in front of the light sensor, and I built a dummy target light on a battery (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Talking Point: seelking light sensors WAS -- Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

(...) Actually I would consider this good news. I was getting concerned about how I would distinguish between lights and light sensors. I knew if people shrouded them it would significantly reduce the problem, but you can't count on people doing (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)