 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15124
Re: And then the Thank-Yous...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:08:41 GMT

So for the guy supposedly 'in charge' I wasn't around much, so with much further
ado, here's what I'll say--

Dave you were and are a big part of the show, so please don't be so modest.

Without Janey this show wouldn't have happened.  At all.

Having once been the one worrying about the passes and the electricity and the
table layout and so on and so forth it is important for me to say thank you to
you Janey for looking about so much of that this year.  I was turning onto the
road from the parking lot last night wondering to myself why I'd enjoyed this
year even more than 2003.  And then it hit me..... I didn't have to worry about
organizing everything!  You made it easy for us all to have fun.  I love to
laugh and I laughed a lot this weekend.  Plus.... there was LEGO models there,
so how can you go wrong?  Sincere thanks for all of that.

I trimmed Dave's other thank-you's but want to add a short one of my own.  I
just want to thank everyone who showed up the first year, and/or the second
year, and/or the third year.  I'm glad that we're able to have this sort of show
in this area. I'm not a big fan of long distance travel, so being able to have
an event like this within a couple hours of home is a big deal for me.  Being
able to meet and chat with such great people is an even bigger deal.  Getting to
be inspired by amazing builders....... priceless.  :)

So thank you to all of you for keeping this show going.  And whether we are
there next year or somewhere else, I hope you'll all return and that others will
attend for the first time!

Best regards,
Allan B.