 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15116
15115  |  15117
Subject:
And then the Thank-Yous...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:51:16 GMT

So for the guy supposedly 'in charge' I wasn't around much, so with much further
ado, here's what I'll say--

Thanks--

Without Janey this show wouldn't have happened.  At all.
But she hates it when I talk about her in a fond and admiring way so I'll go on
about how great her MOCs were--the doll house was voted 'most touched' over the
weekend 'cause everyone loved and gawked over it--phenominal job.  Any pics I've
seen of it (even the ones I took) do not do it justice at all.

Chris for getting the tables and being who he is.  Yes I'm a paid member of the
C.Magno fan club--deal!  The way he does stuff is so uniquely him that you can't
help but admire.  And his MOC!!  OMGoodness!!!  Actually, a destroyed LEGO brick
should make me angry but, eh...  And he was 1/3rd the most watched (and
baby-sat) MOC--the GBC....

Oliver for once agian bringing the carpet--that's two weekends in a row and my
feet were spoilt!  As well, being able to dump out the bin o' LEGO on the
carpet--much better than the concrete floor.  Poeple also admired the purple 8
wide rail car.  Nicely done!

Deborah for putting up with the Toronto guys, losing sleep and driving that huge
distance and still being charming and smiling all the time, even when the guy
sitting beside you was just focused on the bricks the entire time.  Oh, and
being left stranded by the other Ottawa guy (more on him later)--the 'seascape'
was a site to see--loved all the details!

Jason for showing up with the Discovery and Leonov--my fav. LEGO space ships of
all time--but then disappearing for the weekend :)  The puzzles were fun so all
is forgiven ;)

Jacub and Marketa for coming up from SW Ontario and bringing cookies once again.
Jacub always brings cool things and this year no exception--the mosaic--you're
right--those eyes do tend to follow you around.  The large firetruck--I just
kept on thinking 'Kramer' but that's another story...

Allan for bringing the book, the mosaics and other nifty display things, and
being a good sounding board for when we started yipping about, well, stuff...

Tilt for the globe--phenominal and inspiring.  the tilt-a-whirl as well, but
that globe (and the 'copyright' conversations thereof)--great stuff!

Derek--well I didn't break one of your things this weekend--what's up with that?
The finished Vader--lots of viewers loved it!

Greg H--"Where can I buy Hellboy??  What set does he come in???"  Yeah, thanks
for that  :p  But kids loved looking at all the details--beautiful!

Keith for bringing Technic MOCs and the only 8421 that, IIRC, we all said we'd
bring... :)

Jeff VW for the first public showing of a moonbase at a Toronto event (even if
some minifigs disappeared) and the record for the single most broken MOC.

Anthony for showing up on Sunday with your MOCs and adding something new--the
under 20 person--great!

Calum for showing up and taking pics...

I know I've left people out--that's my faulty memory and I apologize.

It was a great show for us.  Laughs and smiles all around.  So in the end, look
forward to doing something similar in the future!

Dave K