 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14823
Re: I think we shoudl try this sometime...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:39:44 GMT

Along with great suggestions from Greg...

I have one, taken from this post--

http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/laflrc/?n=66

(yes its a Hassenplug plug ;) )

find the video on this page--

http://www.chibots.org/contests/may2005/may2005.html

and check out that maze thing--it's line following but your 'bot has to learn
each time it goes thru the maze--which branches not to take, or which branches
to take.  We could see how many times it takes a 'bot to go thru the maze and
'learn the course'--the fewest times to learn the maze wins the competition.

I really like that.  Of course, this comes with teh added caveat that you can't
change the coding of the 'bot between attempts 'cause that'd be almost cheatin'!
you change the code or the 'bot, you start over!

Anyway, a suggesiton...

I have that maze that I made for BF a couple of years ago. It has adjustable
walls. This allows for a practice period followed by a change in maze geometry
for the actual competition. Thus people cannot "preprogram" the winning route.

I am not very interested in swapping ABS dna with anyone ;) But I think a maze
contest would be very much up quite a few people's alley, mine included.

JB