Re: Just a few highlights and points...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:12:43 GMT

On Tue, September 27, 2005 11:05 am, Brian Davis wrote:
I have a maze robot that was lucky enough to win
the event last November... it uses the BFB with, I
think, seven light sensors.

   Mine is based on Trellis and the RCX, but it should work. what sort of
competitors were there, and what sort of speed should be aimed for? I *want* to
ask you how you coded it... but NOT before I've done it myself.

How many times have I told you this?  First, worry about the challenge.  Then, worry
about the other competitors.

Here's a picture with the maze results:
http://www.chibots.org/contests/may2004/pictures/DSCN3668-tb.html

And, the web site has a 9mb video which includes the winning robot running the maze.

Unlike some events (groups), this one is more focused on progressing robotics, and
doing the best you can, than winning.  So, usually, re-dos are allowed.  If you
think your robot will make it through the course with one more try, you'll usually
be allowed (or encouraged) to take another try.

And, I wanted to tell you how I coded my maze robot...  but NOT till you ask...  :)

Steve