 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14741
Re: the deed as I see it.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:08:17 GMT

I did up my own MOC as what the standard MIGHT look like,

sorry for the colours. i am running out of all black.

http://www.thepyroguys.com/1.JPG
http://www.thepyroguys.com/2.JPG
http://www.thepyroguys.com/3.JPG

1. thats the next game.

I have no problem with getting any EOAT into the square hole when the 'bots are> lined up properly.

I have a huge problem with getting the 'bots to line up properly.

for example, if you're little square hole 'bot was facing the exact opposite
direction, how would your arm-bot get around the square 'bot and know that the
side has a hole on it--unless all our 'bots are going to be like the 'visual
impared museum' where you're in physical contact with the other 'bot as you
drive around it trying to find the opening...

OK, I'm beginning to like this HITW idea.  Seems more interesting and
challenging than having open-top hoppers driving around (or standing still).

Who's to say that your bot can't be a square, with 3 HITW, one on each side, and
on the 4th side your EOAT DNA dispenser? Increases the chances of others making
a successful deposit threefold.

Just define that your HITW needs a minimum height, width, and is a specific
height off the ground. Minimum one HITW.  Bot cannot be open-topped though.

Multiplication of received and successfully dispensed bricks may work very well.
It would discourage bots that excel at only one of the tasks.

Yes, dumb luck will be a factor.  But it always is, no?
The challenge will be to make a bot that is EASY - not too picky about receiving
DNA, and easily finding mates to make quick deposits.

I like it!

John