 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14605
    Technical help, Please. —C. L. GunningCook
   Hi guys, I am hoping someone can help me with an technical conflict I am experiencing between my XP/highspeed service. (Yes I have read their webpage, the faq, the help section, and called technical "support".) Okay, so here is the problem, often (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Technical help, Please. —Calum Tsang
     (...) It's not a conflict with your high speed service, it's a problem with your PC. Officially, you should call your PC vendor (eg, Dell, Compaq, guy down the street) and ask them why this is happening. It sounds like another device is impinging on (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: Technical help, Please. —C. L. GunningCook
     (...) Okay, I totally buy that, this PC is a piece of garbage and frustrates me on the best of days. For the record, I was just repeating what the tech guy told me, I have no clue, but I'm sure they have standard lines just to end the call. I asked, (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Technical help, Please. —David Koudys
   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) It could be as simple as getting the right drivers for the nic card--I know that when I had my webcam installed on my server, I went with subtly different drivers that, everytime i (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Technical help, Please. —C. L. GunningCook
   (...) Thanks Dave, I will try new drivers and see if that makes a difference, if not, maybe a new card is just what I need. Thanks for the advice. (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Technical help, Please.
    You mention Bell - so that means Sympatico. Are you using their Access Manager software, or the thing built into XP (if you are using XP) for rPPPoE? In either case, a better solution is to but a cheap router like this one here (URL) is available (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)