 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14534
Re: Spybotic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:08:22 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Tue, September 6, 2005 11:38 pm, Chris Magno wrote:

its not the cool gigamesh one....

so much for Kevin's favorite parts...

dont worry steve.... i see a gigamesh(?) in my future.  the box pic
alone shows 6 of those BIG vool(tm) gears.

what can i do with this thing?  i skimed the .spybot group.  and it
seems like you can U/L to it.....  an i erase the firmware???  where
would i find it to re-load it if i wanted to?

You can program it with Mindscript (that's what you use, right?).  But, you can't
replace the firmware.

yes.  i use mindscript. ok. so its like that "scout" thing i never even
put batteries in??  OK.  maybe i need to spend a few more min with it.
right now, all i did was add batteries, turn it one, add a a few wheels
and a skid plate, and when i hit run??? the thing spun in a circle, then
just when nuts around my floor.  i thought it was in some kind of "light
seek" mode.... but it never "stopped"

(some time passs)

OK, cool. i rotated some "switch" to the "flash" ??? icon, and the red
led on the remote started to blink.... when i ran the thing, it did
indeed "seek" the remote.

thats kinda vool.(tm)

The really cool thing about the Spybot, is its ability to communicate with other
Spybots.  Ok, so that doesn't help much if you only have one.  However, you can
detect the distance & direction of the remote control.  If you have an application
where you want to have one robot follow another, the Spybots are good for that.

IF i program it with mindscript? what happens to the original programming?

oh ya.  Balance of power... DAVE, i need more of steves balls.  ya got any?

I want to see how you're going to use my balls on a balance beam...

no steve,  i need your balls cause my daughter keeps playing with them,
and losing them.  she will point to the tray of balls, and take one.
then (she at 2 years) wants me to play the "guess which hand" game. and
the next thing ya know. Im outta balls.

im sure i will find your balls under the couch or something.

Off Topic.

how many people are useing the Rob S method, and NOT useing an RCX???

None of the stuff I'm building for rtl 19 requires an RCX.

Steve

what??? are you showing up for this?  oh man.  back to the drawing board.

Chris