 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14399
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto19 Robotics Contest Rules and Date Finalized
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:02:11 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:

So nobody has any problem with the beam not having a counterbalance, and it
cartwheeling wildly out of control at the begining of every game, with the
slightest offset in mass between the two robots, and guilotining the
lower-guy's robot against the vertical support?

(Sorry to keep bringing this up, but it IS an issue, and it will be a big
one!)

    Iain

im about to START to make this game board.  my FIRST step is to get the
  thing to balance (more or less)

THEN Since the rules state the robot with its "side" up at the end of
the game, is the winner, i see no reason why we CANT just put in a STOP
screw to prevent the FULL rotation of the board.

if your robot is heaver than your opponent, then you need to design that
into your strategy to allow your robot to climb,  and vice versa.

Chris