 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14046
Re: my LONG weekend, AKA, things i learned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 01:32:48 GMT

YES.  as a matter of fact, i think i can get my hands on a roll or
eight(thousand)

do you need NEW in wrapper, or "used" but appeared on the SHOW?

Just back a skid up to my front door, thanks!

Hmmmm I'm getting the feeling you didn't enjoy your trip out of Hog-Town, could
it be that all that fresh air and beautiful sights is causing some emotional
turmoil?

lets just say, that with all the driving to the gun shows, my butt hurts.

Does the phrase, too much info mean anything to you?

wait... let me re-phrase that.

Yes, please do.

for some reason, all the good gun shows are north of 7.  so i have to do
a LOT of driving.

Oh, so north of 7 does hold some value, nice to know...

and my sciatica acts up.

Okay seriously, how old are you?

Well on behalf of all my neighbours that endured the city slicker invasion, I
must give my counter points.

you dont ~HAVE~  too, you could keep quiet.

~I~ could keep quiet???? Have we met? I'm Janey, I don't do quiet.

(where is that "smack" icon) ??

Yes, rumble strips remind us to put down the spliff and hold onto our beer
because potentially you could be making a turn!

ummmm, spliff?  beer?   wait.  isn't this the FIFTH anniversary of
something.....

water, a few brothers, beer fridge in quality control lab.

Wow, that is low even for you.  Maybe there is another reason your butt hurts,
check for horseshoes.

(shrug)

2. over the course of the long weekend, all the morons from Toronto
drive up north to buy crap from country folk who hold 3 day long yard
sales.

LOL, yes, yes they do, and since they do, instead of filling the landfill with my "worthless junk" I have an extra 120 bucks to spend on Lego! Yay to ppl with more money than brains!!

OMG.  dont tell me your one of those 3 day YARD SALE freeks?

Again, have we met??? Freak is a complement to me, but for accuracy, I'm a one
day freak, thanks.

2 a.  people who need rumble strips at stop signs flock to the big city
to torment us regular (good) drivers.

Good? Good city drivers? Apparently that means, somewhere after passing their
exam, they promptly forget the rules of the road. Such as neglecting to leave 3
car lengths between them and the driver ahead of them, not using a directional
signal to alert those around you that you are about to change lanes. Apparently
some ppl are way more important than others, talking on a cell is not
distracting to drivers, and horn honking and finger gesturing is an appropriate
way to say, "excuse me sir, I believe you might have just cut me off".

one word.

DUH!

welcome to the big smoke.  cant take the heat.  go play on your rumble
strips.

Deal, besides packing heat is more fun than taking it.

Hey.... Wanna put your money where your mouth is? How about a nice little game
of target shooting??? Just to keep it fair. No pocket rockets. No Bushnell.

2 b.  (so really, during the long weekend we just trade fools)

Okay, I will give you that one but considering the fact that our small towns
double in population, I say "we" (us country folk, as you put it) still get the
raw end of the deal.  But you know, we do get the last laugh.  I guess that
makes us even.

ummmmm.....

last?

Yes, but not the last word, you can have that, it would be my pleasure, smack
away!

Nothing like the May two-four in the country but sadly, with the way the GTA
takes over, soon even Bruce County will lose its mighty pine trees and be paved
over! Runs to hug a tree before it's too late.

pine trees.  bah.

they grow like weeds.  i just cut down 2 from my front yard.  they will
crackle NICE in the fire place this winter.

:)

Chris

one word.

PEACE.