 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14044
Re: my LONG weekend, AKA, things i learned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 22:47:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey, I found the ziplock bag of money.  We should go book rtl20 or whatever.

Calum

ya know....

i have been reviewing all the other LUGS

and all the "cool" lugs have rules, and charters, and heck VOTES for
prez'z and VICE prez's.

i think RTL needs a charter and a treasurer.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

i cant type that with a straight face.

I know what we should do.  Let's hand choose a group of people, say, call them a
"change management board" and get them to turn rtlToronto into a democracy.
Then we can have them review a charter that protects the rights of Castle fans
in the GTA.  We can have regular meetings where we review minutes and vote on
new measures.

We'll have to rename everyone's roles though.  DaveK can't be "train show guy"
anymore.  His new title is "External Train Organization Liaison".  Derek can no
longer be called "Quiet Voice Of Reason that Largely Sides With Me", his new
position is called "Group Decision Arbitrator". You and I can't be "Supreme
Rulers of the Universe (At Least in Toronto)" either.  We have to be subtly
renamed to "Organizational Change Leaders".  Don't mind that though, we'll still
run the show regardless, we just want to dress it up in administrivia language.

In other news, I would like to thank JeffE and Derek for putting together what
is turning out after an afternoon of sorting the best freakin PaB bag I've ever
had, right after the giant pack of arches JohnG got me last year.  Y'all three
rock.  I can literally SWIM in grey plates now and there was exactly enough
windows to go with all the frames.  The bag even had four regular faced train
worker minifigs!  Awesome.

Calum
PS-we need a game that uses green window shutters.