 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13388
  Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(no this is NOT an 8880 attempt) Steve, and the rest of you ball players. Steve was bemoaning how he was not smart enough to figure out a way to unjam stuck balls. Ummmm, Didn't we (rtl) figure out a LONG time ago, that useing a vibrator is a good (...) (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) I think that would work... if it didn't cause the module to "walk" away from its neighboring modules. Currently, there is no mechanical connection between the GBCms, so excessive vibration may result in misalignment over time. Also, it takes a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

On Thu, February 17, 2005 4:53 pm, Chris Magno said: (...) As it turns out, of the five modules I have, none of them jam. Luck, I think. I'm not sure what else it could be. But, I've seen plenty that do jam, and David's isn't one of them. He's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) um, one battery box, one motor always on. i dont get it? As for the "walking" my soloution is simple 2 words. Double sided carpet tape (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) In mine I built a ball feeding mechanism, including a door in the bottom of the bin. The open/close is done with a cam that opens it slowly and closes it fast, and the whack it creates when it closes seems to be enough to dislodge any jams. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) um. I dont get it? (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) Don't get me wrong, it's a workable solution - but it uses at least one battery box, and one motor, and at this point I'm actually running out of motors... and battery boxes... and technic beams, for that matter. Also, honestly, I like Dave's (...) (19 years ago, 17-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) Thanks for that--making the hopper was the lengthly part--the actual ball pump, after the initial setup, needed little tweaking. The hopper, on the other hand, was very difficult to get working with many or few balls in it. Now it's just fun (...) (19 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Jiggling steve's balls with a vibrator

(...) what, couldn't you suggest getting things moving by whacking my balls? (19 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)