 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1329
Re: My Train2 Module Layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:12:18 GMT

For your amusement, I have taken a photo of one of my modules to show what
an example module layout looks like:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train2module3.jpg

Also, this is the layout I am bringing:

mmmm...looking at this, I had this thought....

those on the corners will sacrifice 5 baseplates (at a minimum)

I don't really mind this myself, because it will make it "easier" to fill
up the space on the modules.

I will have 3 sets of track for my module layout....two sets to connect to
the other modules for the circuits....and one "independant" set for my
urban transit system / (L)ight (R)ail (T)ransit .... hopefully by
August... I'll have 2 units for it, and probably 2 to 3 "stations / stops"

Also, If <I> do indeed volunteer to be a "corner", I want my modules side by
side...that is it will be 60 by 60 square (or 36 base-plate square)...
...and I also don't want to connect my town to a "hiway" connecting it
to other "towns"....I think the passenger trains are supposed to allow
passengers to "commute" to other cities.

I think there will be a "main inter-section" with a main street, and a
secondary street.  The main street will likely have most of the commerical
buildings in town, and the branch street(s) will have residential on
one side, and the soccer stadium on the other... with the train yard /
train station near the main lines of rail, and with probably (4)
LRT stops around town.