 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1305
Re: Top Scanin'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:12:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

chills because I'm not riding. I look up at the picture in my cubicle and
almost cry that I'm not experiencing the beauty and sheer power of the
world's greatest flat ride. OMG, it's so not fair. This other guy across

I often come to this conclusion, but it's that I should have become a
management consultant instead of an R&D coordinator.  Alas, usually a
developer hits me with a stack of testcase documentation and I'm back to
normal... :)

from me leaves every TWELVE MINUTES to go downstairs for a smoke. HE GETS
HIS FIX. WHY CAN'T I HAVE MINE. Maybe I should request Ventax put in a Top
Scan to help my adiction. Winters are always VERY, VERY hard for me (parks
not open). This winter will be *very*, VERY bad.

I ran some calculations and tried to figure out how much a smoking habit
costs, but a large amusement park ride is still much more expensive, at by
two magnitudes.

Now, I can't quite remember, but I seem to recall that other nights we've
stayed there as late as 21h to 22h. Does that sound right? If that's the
case, I'd be willing to make the effort (huff, puff) to come on down and
bring along my surprise.

It runs late, but you really should come anyways!  Just say no!  :)

P.S. - If you think I'm crazy, ask Calum what he thinks of it. He seemed
pretty overwhelmed by his first ride, too. :)

Well, I would quite have used the same adjectives.  It's a pretty neat ride,
it's one of the few rides where you actually spin around on multiple axes,
you're not actively following a curved path.  That and I wanted to throw up,
but I suspect the giant funnel cake beforehand contributed heavily to it :)

Calum