 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12863
Re: Primer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:17:13 GMT

Janey Cook wrote:
I took that bit of info from that
<http://oak.ucc.nau.edu/tn24/syllable/syllabletext.html here>  (near the bottom)

Not that I want to get nit picky on a topic that pretty much run it's
course...  But I will.  :-)

The table at the bottom of that page is a quiz, "strength" is the 4th
question in the quiz.  If you follow the answers link you will see that
"strength" is a 1 syllable word according to this site too.

http://oak.ucc.nau.edu/tn24/syllable/exkey.html

"1 -- strengths (This is the most complex monosyllabic word in English!
It has three consonants before the vowel and four consonants after it.)"

Derek