 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12743
Re: limp-in mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:21:14 GMT

whilst perusing my '88 Dodge Dakota manual, looking for engine light codes and
what they stand for, I read that the truck has a 'limp in' mode, meaning that if
there was an issue that the truck computer noticed, the computer would still
allow you to drive the truck to the repair facility.

Thanks for letting me do this, truck computer.

Yeah, most modern vehicles with an ECU of some sort have this limp in mode.  For
extra FYI, in some vehicles, attaching anything to the OBD connector forces the
ECU into limp in.

ANyway, I'm in 'limp in' mode right now--my laptop somehow magically lost access
to the hard drive between work and home on Dec 24, and since all my e-mail

So can you pull the drive and move it onto another machine?  I presume the Dave
the Great Support Analyst has the requisite 44 pin high density to 40 pin IDE
cable, right?

the other thing! :)  Yep, pretty much estatically happy at this time.

"Why do birds, suddenly appear?"

fifth, how does Calum handle the variously differing people from rtlT without
completely coming unglued??  Must be that the watching of WW keeps him sane.

I usually think What Would Chris Do?  I even have a wristband that says WWCD!
It's made of Clikits.

Calum