 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12123
Re: Finalizing Hobby Show Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:10:18 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
The 2004 Hobby Show organizers are asking us for a few final details, such as
the size of display we can put on for the throngs of people.

From the e-mails sent to me, I believe that we can do a pretty good display for
a 20 foot by 20 foot area.  That may sound big but here's the breakdown--6
tables and 1 train layout and the perimeter is full.  I mean, just listing the
larger displays--what with the train layout (10x10), the Discovery (1 table),
the 12x Minifigs and ships (mostly 1 table), and the cranes and related
stuff(mostly 1 table) fill up half of the tables.

I thought we had more space then that last year.  Location is an
important detail.  Are we up against a wall like last year, and are we
bordered by another display.  This will seriously effect the perimeter
of displayable area.

I'm trying to get info on this--it's a completely differnet display if we're
against the wall.  Waiting to hear back.  I think, thoguh, that we'll handle the
display well no matter if there's a wall or not.  As long as we're near the
Meccano dudes again--that was awesome stuff!

So with this in mind, I feel that we can pull it off.  I know that 17 people
have let me know that they're interested, I'm really counting on all of you to
bring displays to fill up all the tables.

As well, I have ordered 17 passes for the show.  Unfortunately, by the time I
get the passes in my hands I won't have enough time to mail them to you guys.  I
can try to get these passes to as many of you before the show as I can.  If you
show up at the show without a pass, I'll have my cell phone on me at all
times--call me and I'll come up to the front desk and give you your pass (I'll
be e-mailing my cell number to all of you soon--could post it here but then, eh,
who wants a call from Larry? ;) )

Ya, it worked out ok last year.  I was able to talk my way in for setup
without a pass.  If I can do it, no-one else will have a problem.  I'm
no social engineer like the masters Chris and Jeff E. are.

Chris could weasel his way into Fort Knox.

As well, if you have any other issues, concerns or even great ideas, don't
hesitate to call me or e-mail me before the show.

Be sure you order the tables and stanstions up front.  It cost like $50
a table to get the Union guys to get you one on the day of the show.  I
think it cost nothing for the ones we got before hand last year.

Derek

6 8' tables and 80 feet of stanstions ordered.  With the train layout and the 6
tables basically covers the perimeter.

Since I'm not bringing anything for the train layout (except the blue skirting
cloth), I'll see whatelse I can muster up.  I'll be running around for most of
the show, getting my excercise and hopefully losing this monstrous gut I've
acquired over the last few months...

Dave K