 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12121
12120  |  12122
Subject:
Finalizing Hobby Show Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:18:02 GMT

The 2004 Hobby Show organizers are asking us for a few final details, such as
the size of display we can put on for the throngs of people.

From the e-mails sent to me, I believe that we can do a pretty good display for
a 20 foot by 20 foot area.  That may sound big but here's the breakdown--6
tables and 1 train layout and the perimeter is full.  I mean, just listing the
larger displays--what with the train layout (10x10), the Discovery (1 table),
the 12x Minifigs and ships (mostly 1 table), and the cranes and related
stuff(mostly 1 table) fill up half of the tables.

So with this in mind, I feel that we can pull it off.  I know that 17 people
have let me know that they're interested, I'm really counting on all of you to
bring displays to fill up all the tables.

As well, I have ordered 17 passes for the show.  Unfortunately, by the time I
get the passes in my hands I won't have enough time to mail them to you guys.  I
can try to get these passes to as many of you before the show as I can.  If you
show up at the show without a pass, I'll have my cell phone on me at all
times--call me and I'll come up to the front desk and give you your pass (I'll
be e-mailing my cell number to all of you soon--could post it here but then, eh,
who wants a call from Larry? ;) )

As well, if you have any other issues, concerns or even great ideas, don't
hesitate to call me or e-mail me before the show.

Take care,

Dave K