 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11744
11743  |  11745
Subject:
Calum's gonna love this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:07:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

So I get a Kodak DC120 Digital Science digital camera in may of '98.  Cost me
exactly $1000.00 (taxes incl.) and was the first over 1 megapixel camera under a
thousand dollars.

Since May of '98 this camera has travelled far and wide and taken in excess of
11 thousand pictures, but, as of late, has been showing its age--broken handles,
cracked LCD's, duct tape holding it together...

I noted on eBay that someone was dumping 3 non-working DC120's.  I put in a bid,
and won the auction for these 3 non-working DC120's for 30ish bucks US.

Got the package this morning.

Turns out that out of the 3 non-functioning DC120's, 2 were in near perfect
condition and perfectly operating, and the third has a cracked LCD (like mine
but worse) and a broken  switch--no way to view the pics once you've taken 'em.

So, being the hardware guru that I am, I frankenstein the worst of the DC120's
onto my original DC120, and so mine is looking pretty great (still with a
cracked LCD but I can live with that for now...)

So for 30ish bucks US, I have two 'close to perfect' DC120's, 1 reasonably
working DC120 (my original with 'upgraded pieces--no more duct tape!) and one
DC120 that will take pictures--you just can't see 'em until you d/l 'em to your
'puter.

All in all, pretty happy.

Dave K