 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11746
Re: Calum's gonna love this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:45:39 GMT

Turns out that out of the 3 non-functioning DC120's, 2 were in near perfect
condition and perfectly operating, and the third has a cracked LCD (like mine
but worse) and a broken  switch--no way to view the pics once you've taken 'em.

Oh my god.  I take a lot of digital photos-on my Canon S100 and Nikon 4300 alone
I've shot more than 6000 photos in three years.  But that DC120 wins by a long
shot.  Holy.

So for 30ish bucks US, I have two 'close to perfect' DC120's, 1 reasonably
working DC120 (my original with 'upgraded pieces--no more duct tape!) and one
DC120 that will take pictures--you just can't see 'em until you d/l 'em to your
'puter.

For those of you who have never had the pleasure of the DC120, the camera had
the cracked lens, dropped off a table by the ex-fiance, has a broken strap...yet
some how still lives.

You get an eye roll for keeping the damned thing but a thumbs up from the side
of me that's a cheapskate.

Calum
PS-I was at Frys today in Dallas Fort-Worth.  Frys is the weirdest store I have
ever seen.  It has the ugliest retailing ever, with almost zero organization,
yet carries everything from PLCC sockets to dishwashers.  Imagine my surprise
that you could buy a multimeter in the same room as the Steely Dan concert DVD.

I'm in DFW indefinetly as of yesterday.  It's depressing to be stuck living from
hotel room to hotel room. :(