 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11631
Re: RTL 17 -- THE EDGE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:14:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
Roman wants to know if it's okay for him to build a drag-motorcycle (instead of
a car).

no where does it say it ~HAS~ to be a car.  it can be any autonmous vehicle.
heck if you can build a fast walker; it would be allowed.

He also wants me to ask if we can have a 5 second delay from when you
press "Run" to when the competition actually begins/robot moves, for 2 reasons:

a)  Lets you get your fingers out of the way of the robot.

let me think about this.

b)  So he can have something "actuate" inside the robot ahead of time, so it's
ready for the actual start.

hummm, this brings up the issue of kinetics..... let me think about this as
well.