 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11615
11614  |  11616
Subject:
RTL 17 -- THE EDGE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:46:16 GMT

OK,

After some thought, and a small discussion, the new game is ready to be
announced.

this game is designed for beginners, and old guys alike.

DRAG RACING.

oh don’t pout. this will be fun.  and as like all RTL games we put in some
dumb rules to make the game more fun!

-  build a robot that can race against another robot and completely cross the
finish line WITHOUT having any part of the robot go over the edge of the
table.

- we will make a "track" from 2 lengths of whatever tables the library has.
we will fill the gap with a strip or two of grey duct tape.

- we will have 2 of these tracks, with one robot per track.

- 45.72 centimetres (18") from the far edge of the tables will be a strip of
electric tape to denote finish line.

- the tables will NOT have any edges, we will not have any floor pillows.
your robot must be smart and travel straight and NOT fall off the edges.

- the entire robot must cross the finish line.  (so you cant leave parts, or
use string as a braking device)

- no external power allowed

- no robot size limit.  (but keep in mind the 18" finish line stop distance)

- the total length of the track will be a surprise.  we will also vary the
start line to keep things interesting; so people cant use an encoder to
calculate stopping distance.

- subject to web page change, and random whims.

Chris