 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11425
Re: Jake's Colour Background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 16:40:35 GMT

   This message is intended for the members of rtlToronto. I’m interested in the views of the, I can’t believe I’m describing them this way but relativity speaking, rational people of our group.

In case you haven’t seen.

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=1791

snip

Derek

I’ve come to the conclusion that we (as Canadians) just aren’t going to get riled up over a color change.

On the other hand, a colour change would be enough to catalyse our ageing AFOL population from the anaesthesia of our daily lives...to clamour in defence of the original grey...to demand dialogue or ar least an enquiry into the issue.

Many here may catalogue the offences, the bad judgement, and the pretences made without licence by our neighbours who favour our honour with rancour. We must not harbour ill will against those who enrol in any flavour of programme that condones such behavour.

It would be marvellous to find a saviour who would break out of their mould, and manoeuvre their way around these issues with rigour and humour. Someone who would plough through this theatre without being chequed.

Even though it is enough to paralyse me to the centre of my being, my very fibre, I have learnt that the issue is neither black nor white, it is analogue, with many shades of grey.

I only hope that I don’t end up a pedlar of speciality woollen pyjamas or cheap disc-shaped jewellery made of sulphur, or I may fling myself over a bannister.

I am Canadian :) Rob A., B.Sc.

...and it is ZED, not ZEE...

special thanks to: http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsissues/BritishCanadianAmerican.htm