 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11003
Re: Amusments Parks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 04:55:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Iain, I'm going to Southern California.  Other then the obvious one,
what theme park should I go to.  I want rides.

For rides rather than theming I think you'd want Six Flags or Knotts, rather
than Disney or Universal which are primarily theme parks. I have heard good
things about California Adventure's coaster but haven't ridden it.

Yeah, skip Disneyland if you want exciting rides.  It's an interesting place,
but the rides are pretty tame.

Personally Ghost Rider is on my top 10 woodie list, especially if you ride it
after dark, and their big mega steelie is nice too.

Ghost Rider is great.  For a wooden coaster fan, Ghost Rider alone is reason to
stop by Knotts.  I haven't been too thrilled with any of their steel coasters,
but your tastes may vary.

For steel roller coasters, I'd have to say that Six Flags Magic Mountain is by
far the best place in Southern California.  It will take you all day to ride
them all.  They have a pretty good collection.  (And as for wooden coasters,
Colossus is pretty decent.)