 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11002
Re: Amusments Parks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 03:48:18 GMT

Iain, I'm going to Southern California.  Other then the obvious one,
what theme park should I go to.  I want rides.

For rides rather than theming I think you'd want Six Flags or Knotts, rather
than Disney or Universal which are primarily theme parks. I have heard good
things about California Adventure's coaster but haven't ridden it.

As far as big ride parks go, I am partial to Knott's Berry Farm rather than Six
Flags but that's possibly just because I'm a Cedar Fair stockholder and a
Michigan's Adventure season pass holder which means I get in free. Oh and KBF is
a nicer place, much more personal/friendly/safe/clean, than Six Flags. IMHO.

Personally Ghost Rider is on my top 10 woodie list, especially if you ride it
after dark, and their big mega steelie is nice too.

ALSO in KBF's favor if you are a train head like me is that they have real
operating 3' gauge trains from the Rio Grande Southern, (a real railroad that
ran in Colorado) including a Galloping Goose railbus, not just the usual
amusement park trains.

Iain may have different opinions of course but I like coasters better than flat
rides.

Also try the Long Beach pier, it's not a whole day thing but it's fun.

ps. I think we can all guess what the obvious one is.

Venice Beach? :-)