 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10620
Re: Stiring up excitement.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:54:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
For example, I think my robot is unique in the fact that it doesn't have any
pieces that move vertically.  I'm not suggesting that its simple, but no LEGO
parts move up and/or down.

Nifty. Me only having one RCX and two light sensors, that wasn't even considered
as an option. :) The dipstick idea mentioned is brilliant, though -- wish I'd
thought of that. As long as it isn't too slow, anyways.

For my contribution, I'm using a counterweight on the vertical scanner. I want
the motor fast enough that braking it isn't enough to freeze the slider. The
counterweight is a dacta motor...

As for logic, I coded it all as object oriented C++, but then had to port it to
vanilla C so that I could use tasks and certain assembler instructions. Yes, my
heuristic board analysis is 200+ lines of asm.

Good luck, all.
Mike