 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10548
Re: Has anybody successfully added an RCX to 7471 Mars Rover?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:36:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Ever since I picked up the 7471 Mars Rover a few months ago, I thought it
screamed out for an RCX modification. I saw a lot of discussion about the
possibility, but didn't find where anybody had actually successfully done it.

I was wondering about this one myself while building it the night before.

My issue is how to motorize the wheels without making it look stupid, ie having
giant motor pods on the ends of the "suspension".  You can't do it with
micromotors (not enough torque) and gearmotors would look stupid.  If there
isn't a lot of force back, maybe flaxles into the body?

Steering is not hard, it's all into one point of control for you already.

DaveK?  Didn't you buy one just to roboticize it?!

Calum
PS-this model is more and more in my mind a disappointment.