 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1054
Re: Track counts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 04:02:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message

how would train people feel about being told to put colour X plate on
your track?????  this way we would not get a lot of the "Anybody see 8
curved track?"

Again, good show.

My dad used to belong to a HO scale club, and the way they'd differentiate
their cars is by taking a coloured paint-marker (or several) and puting a
tiny dot on the bottom of each rolling stock (or combination of dots). I
like this idea for track - of course, others might object to marking up the
bottom of their track pieces.

PNLTC does this and it seems to work quite well. If you can't bring yourself
to actually paint your pieces, use small labels (laser printer or similar)
and put the colored dots (or your initials) on those and stick them on the
bottom of the track. The labels adhere well but will soak off in soapy water
if the need ever arose.

As someone else said, this is a lot easier to do if you do it in advance
using an agreed on color or colors for each person. And it's cheaper and
less obtrusive than plates on top, which can pop off anyway.

You guys are reinventing the stuff that a lot of other clubs have already
figured out, which is fun, of course, and it's always nice to see some
independent confirmation.

++Lar