 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10204
Re: empty cell vs. Black chip.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 16:09:40 GMT

"Kevin L. Clague" wrote:

I assume you are using RAW mode.  Right?

I started off with percent mode, then switched to raw... but the number
keep jittering and never settle down.

I'm back to "square one."

Does adding more light help?  If you were to add more lights it might change the
readings.  Grabbing at straws.  How closed in do you have the sensor?  Is
ambient light giving you trouble?

the Lx sensor (cool pro way of saying light) is located about  3mm away from the
cell.

as of last night I had it scan the board and  beep once or twice or not at all
depending on chip colour.  it seemed to work.

I wrote of a simple 3 lines of code ( 3 if's) that manage to "catch" all the raw
#'s.

in my basement I have one (poor) florescent overhead light, and a 40W desk light.
with this setup, with EVERY cell filled with same chip colour, I will get vastly
different readings.

but as of right now it's back to "working"

I'm sure when I get to the library it will need MUCH tweaking.

Merry Christmas.
Chris