 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10191
Re: empty cell vs. Black chip.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:44:52 GMT

"Kevin L. Clague" wrote:

Hi Chris,
  You'll have to excuse me I'm not very experienced in this written
communication thing.......  I have my editors put in all those nouns and verbs
things.  I'm in it for the pictures.

  I don't know the rules well, but I was thinging that if your light sensor and
a shiny metalic LEGO piece could be the two slices of bread with the game board
sandwiched in the middle, then the red vs. back. vs nothing sensor readings
might be further apart.

  The rules may not allow you to reach on both sides of the board at the same
time, so I don't know if the above is illegal.

Kevin

ah ha. I see.  good use of nouns and verbs.

the rules do allow for reaching on the other side of the board, but at this late
stage of the game it might be too late for me to do any major design work.....

that being said I did some more "research"  (made lunch)

and realized that the RCX auto calibrates on program start up.

I had pre loaded the board with chips, and the "home" cell had a black chip.

once I removed this chip, ands ran the same software the percent increased from 1%
to 5%
not great, but I can code around that.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW I'm looking forward to seeing your ALL PNEUMATIC logic robot for C$.

Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it."  K.C.