 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10074
Re: [rtlToronto] December Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:46:00 GMT

What kind of Sick-o would pass up a once a month dinner with us cool lego guys to hang out
with some dame.

all for what??  in the hopes of getting ?????

I don't get it.

This is precicely what scares me away from enthusiast groups.  :)

A few weekends ago, my friend Roman and I were looking for something fun to do
on a Saturday evening.  So we went to a hobby shop, intending to buy supplies to
build a scale model of one of the rides we invented.

So anyway, we saw a model kit for a Mercedes A-Class (this awesome little
futursitic hatchback only in Europe), and thought we'd have a go at that.
Neither of us having ever built a model before.  So we were trying to figure out
what else we had to buy, and one of the "elders" in the store started to help us
out at the front counter.

Pretty soon, a crowd of scary men had gathered around us, watching us "learn"
about what glues we'd need and why it was proper to use the knife at a 32.5
degree angle to cut pieces off the runner.  It was very scary and startlingly
ritualistic.  I swear the lights dimmed and someone started chanting.  "HO.  HO.
HO."  Then someone said "N", and he got a swift kick in the nuts.  Then some guy
goes "Yeah, and pretty soon you'll forget all about girls!"

We got the hell out of there.  And if you're wondering, the model turned out OK.

    Iain

PS - still crying from laughing so hard at lowbrow.