 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10003
Re: Deep Yellow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 01:59:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

How's everyone else doing?

Mine was scanning, thinking, and dropping several weeks ago for the hobby show.
I'm currently in the process of a complete algorithm rewrite though, because my
original code focussed too much on conserving power and not enough on memory. So
it could make less intelligent decisions very quickly.

Rob and Chris and whoever else it beat that day will tell you that those
split-second moves were certainly no piece of cake, though... Ultimately, I'm
more concerned about mechanical failures, since I'm a less experienced (and less
equipped) builder.

Mike