 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *9164 (-10)
  Re: the BEST two days of my life.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> "Got any 'Frozen Orb'?" "Who?" says I. Yeah, my mp3's are dated and pretty much stuff I like to listen to, such as Elton, Journey, Supertramp and the like. It was amazing I had (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:HL7LA8.H5L@lugnet.com... (...) i had to work too (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: First Post! (And a place to get current sets at less than MSRP)

Keith- Does this store also sell rare/discontinued sets? (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: the BEST two days of my life.

(...) Are you serious? All this crap... All the talking... All the work, and your robot pulled ONE BRICK out of the rice? Man, your life really is sorry. (...) Well, for starters, the event is coming up this weekend. I assume that means you didn't (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect Four game issues

(...) I'm going to get myself into trouble. LEGO has got to assume that someone's going to put a wire from 9V onto a sensor port and send voltage in there, so I'm sure it's protected so it doesn't do any harm. I think other people have pointed that (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect Four game issues

(...) If IR messages are not used, I think you'll have to use one motor port to signal you are done, one way or another. (...) I know BrickOS can also support standard messages. (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect Four game issues

(...) But as Iain says, the tolerance on the width axis is much higher. Clamping the board allows you to control the tolerance. The further away you are from the base (ie, the top, where accuracy counts) the more it'll sway/bend etc. We should have (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Connect Four game issues

(...) You can't grab the board. The base the board is attached to has some techinc beams along the bottom that you can attach your bot/gantry to for indexing purposes using Technic pins or axles... That way, you can guarantee no obstructions due to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Connect Four game issues

(...) I don't like the idea of having to give up a motor port. I only have 1 RCX. Even one sensor port may be a bit much.... That being said, the location of the RCX is independent of the bot operation, so maybe it could be in a standard place on (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Connect Four game issues

(...) Sure. That does make sense. Maybe two at a time, four at a time. (...) Well, you can always accept pokes from the left side, and give pokes from the right side. (...) Yeah, but should be mechanically isolated? Iain says it may be physically (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact