 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *7354 (-20)
  Re: rtlToronto14 - set yet?

It is my understanding that... (...) they will be mixed in with the rice, so yes some will be buried, (...) you just have to put them on your side of the field, outside of the box, (...) and, yes. Derek (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 - set yet?

Calum Tsang wrote: > In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen writes: > >>Just wondering if the task for rtlToronto14 was set (officially) yet? >>Innocent bystanders with inquiring minds want to know... > > > Not yet. The general rule set has (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3EBAC6FB.CB1915...res.com... (...) ...with big tyres. ...in bed. :) Iain (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Reduced Altenburg Layout

Looks good Calum... watch the track clearance on the curves with the two buildings. And are you stealing Dave's landscaped curves? If not, you might need to watch out for Go Train clearance on the outside curve. Derek? Jeff E (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!

(...) Hmmm. Paris Gun? Or maybe a Gerald Bull knockoff? Er, maybe a rice/block separator? I don't think it's a pipe racer. No, I still think it looks like a mobile crane. Jeff E (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!

(...) Actually, it serves another purpose, when the whole thing comes down, the cylinders sink away inbetween the frame and the standoff then keeps it up and away from other moving parts right below it. The stand off moves forward and pulls the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!

(...) It couldn't have been me because I havent' done anything cool with pneumatics yet. I did see this from John Guerquin, though, so blame him. (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!

(...) Hmm... a mobile crane? :) Looks good. Someone showed me (can't remember who - Wayne?) a method for attaching pneumatic cylinders back to back like that, so that the cylinder bodies are rigid. You wouldn't need that pivoting standoff, so it (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum and Iain are STARS!

(...) Not as big a star as you. Do you want autographs? I have a big pen I can write it with for you. Iain (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) Well its not exactly a free market as TLC have copyright over certain "compatability" issues and many enthusiasts of the product have a particular abhorrence to using 3rd party components. So I don't think it's as simple as that. srh (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Something I'm working on...PIC!

Since there is not too much happening on here tonight I figured I might as well give you guys something to look at, to get an idea of what I have been working on for a while now. (URL) colours are all wrong, it is not tall enough yet, and I need to (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Calum and Iain are STARS!

(...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Calum and Iain are STARS!

From the official Media Page: (URL) who! :) (URL) Williams (Public Relations) took that shot while we were on the first-ever public ride. Iain (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) Check it out. (URL) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

I agree with Calum that it's not the communities responsiblity to support such ventures, it's really up to the free market. If you have a product that people want and it's priced at a point that people will buy it then it will be a success. Seems (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) What is this track cleaner I keep hearing about? Iain (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) I don't want to give the impression I thought HiTechnic stuff was overpriced-in fact, they were far underpriced considering the effort and care John put into them. It was a matter of time required to put orders together I think that made (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) I have created a very low-profile magnetic reed switch sensor for the RCX that I have used for years on NELUG's train layouts. The sensor lies in the railbed, and sticks up a single 2x4 plate above the railroad ties. This sensor is very (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) No. (...) I didn't know this, but they couldn't have been overpriced then. (...) What I meant was to direct attention to the dichotomy between Lego built stuff and using (and therefore supporting) 3rd party stuff. Which of course we each deal (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) What, do I have to support overpriced products to be part of the Lego community? Do I have to buy things that I might not need to say I'm a Lego enthusiast? As a side note, from what I heard, HiTechnic had an overwhelming influx of orders (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact