 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7350
Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:07:07 GMT

Gerard Steenbeek wrote:

Looks good.  Someone showed me (can't remember who - Wayne?) a method for
attaching pneumatic cylinders back to back like that, so that the cylinder
bodies are rigid.  You wouldn't need that pivoting standoff, so it might
run/look a bit cleaner.

Actually, it serves another purpose, when the whole thing comes down, the
cylinders sink away inbetween the frame and the standoff then keeps it up
and away from other moving parts right below it. The stand off moves forward
and pulls the cylinders up. It is a very tight fit below there.

And it is not a mobile crane...

Hmmm.  Paris Gun?  Or maybe a Gerald Bull knockoff?

Er, maybe a rice/block separator?  I don't think it's a pipe racer.

No, I still think it looks like a mobile crane.

Jeff E