 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7357
Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 13:13:51 GMT

If it were a mobile crane it would be pretty stupid since it can`t rotate
it's boom... ;)

It will be a telehandler. New Holland/Manitou telehandler to be exact. The
tires are a bit wide, but they can come with pretty big tires for rougher
terrain.

Although the Manitou are red, and the boom is red right now, I am still
making it in the New Holland paint scheme since I have more black and yellow
than red. Manitou builds them for New Holland, because New Holland has
nothing better to do than to buy other farm, industrial and mining equipment
manufacterers and convert them to New Holland.

http://www.newhollandconstruction.com/
http://www.manitou.com/

We used to own a Manitou MT845, the new holland LM800 series is based on the
same machine, so that is what i`m building. It will have 4 wheel drive, and
4 wheel steer, it already has a "tilting" rear axle. If you look at the
photo, one of the rear tires is on a battery box while the frame is still
level left to right.
I saw an Manitou MRT driving on Keele st. In Toronto once, but building that
would require a 4 section boom, and 4 telescopic extendable outriggers...
Not sure that is possible in the scale of the 8466 tires... Maybe when I
finish this thing...

Gerard