 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7347
Re: Something I'm working on...PIC!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 17:23:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Gerard Steenbeek writes:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/FlyingDutchman/Sneekpeek/project.jpg

Can guess what it is? Should be easy...

Hmm...  a mobile crane?  :)

Looks good.  Someone showed me (can't remember who - Wayne?) a method for
attaching pneumatic cylinders back to back like that, so that the cylinder
bodies are rigid.  You wouldn't need that pivoting standoff, so it might
run/look a bit cleaner.

I think you stick a 2x4 brick on the bottom of each cylinder, insert 4 black
friction pegs in the bottom of one of them, jam the ends together, then link
the holes in the cylinder bases with a 5-hole bar/liftarm/whatever (the
plates you have on there with the holes will work).

    Iain